The goals of the association are:
- Representation, advocacy and promotion of economic, social, professional and cultural partners.
- To facilitate the approchement between partners, to unify criteria on the cultural and professional organization of common guidelines to enhance the development of the profession.
- Schedule and organize educational efforts to promote cultural and professional application.
- Providing premises for various activities planned.
- To convene regular meetings between partners and related entities with professional application techniques. Organization of a social-technical library, conferences, symposia and other activities that contribute to the prestige of the exercise of the profession.
- To participate in the consultative organizations and assist in the sectoral and territorial levels.
- Provide job partners related to the profession at sea and ashore.
- It is a primary object of the association the humanitarian cooperation with authorities, public and private agencies in an emergency or calamity.